Life Guidance: Innovative care for older adults living with Alzheimer’s and dementia
Despite the challenges of memory impairment, a person with dementia can continue to live an engaging, meaningful and joyful life.
For families who seek a better quality of life for someone with dementia, Dignity Senior Living at Oceanside Hawaii offers innovative approaches to memory care, backed by industry-leading quality standards.
Oceanside Hawaii’s Memory Care provide a safe, secure environment and excellent care, while encouraging residents to be physically active and participate in decisions of their daily lives. Our specially trained caregivers focus on residents’ individual strengths, celebrate their successes and find ways to help them continue to feel like themselves.
Here’s what makes Oceanside Hawaii’s memory care unique:
- Our intimate, structured setting allows specially trained staff to provide more personalized care and attention
- Our welcoming, vibrant environment features comfortable amenities and secure outdoor spaces
- Our Engage Life events program uses a whole-person approach to offer abundant opportunities tailored to personal interests
- Our Culinary Excellence program provides fresh menu selections and encourages residents to dine family-style with their neighbors
- Our Quality Enhancement program requires at least one unannounced review of the community each year, based on standards that often exceed state requirements
- Our caring staff receives extensive, specialized training in dementia care – including a stringent orientation program and at least 25 hours of mandatory additional training each year
Our ongoing research and program development learn from renowned Alzheimer’s expert and author like David Troxel help us identify and implement innovative approaches for providing the most effective care